CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Maybe we're doing something right!

Last night, as we were saying prayers with Mia, her Daddy and I were reduced to tears. She and I made a prayer list last week complete with pictures and stickers (Can you tell I used to teach preschool????) so she could join us in praying for specific things. She wanted Daddy to pray for "her" list first, then me and then, barely able to keep her eyes open, she starts her prayers. Hearing her thank God for her food, toys, the sky, etc. is sweet. But hearing her pray for specific things..."God make Granddaddy's leg feel better." "God make Ava's Granny feel better." Ohhhhhhhhhhh my goodness!!! Then she put her hand on my head and said, "God, thank you for Mommy and thank you for making her feel better." ***I had a really bad backache last week and when she asked if I was feeling better, I told her I had asked God to make me better and He did.*** Then, she put her hand on Evan's head and prayed for him as well. At this point, I remembered sitting in that very room, a little over three years ago, praying for a baby and birth family that we had never met, but were leaving the next morning to do just that.

I kissed my sweet girl goodnight, forgot about the temper tantrums she "blessed" me with earlier in the day and thanked God that maybe, just maybe we have done something right.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Your story brought tears to my eyes. How beautiful!

Bri said...

HOw awesome is that. You must be doing something right!

Kriss said...

Ok, that made me cry too! I think M has a sweet caring spirit. Also a zest for life! She is a little pistol and I love it! Brady is now asking where is "his M". LOL! That cracks me up! I bet Evan doesn't think that is too funny though. LOL!

Becky said...

I too know this sweet tenderness of prayers from my 3 y.o. daughter! Just precious!!

Emily Wilson said...

Thanks for the tears!!! I started balling when you said she was saying a prayer for Ava's Granny. Believe me, Ava's Grammy needs them. She's had a rough few days...It seems like the closer she is to an end to chemo the harder it gets. The prayers are what gets her through though. Thanks for being such great friends...ALL of you! I love you guys :)