CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2008

I've got to stop

Googling, that it. I am information junky. I love to google, scan articles, message boards...anything that will give me an idea of what I am dealing with. When we were adopting, I read happy ending stories and not-so-happy ending stories about adopting and drove myself crazy. When I was pregnant with Olivia, I was on the internet a million times a day looking up every new symptom, worrying myself sick about if I would know when I was in labor. (Oh man, did I know!!!!) So, this latest development is no different. Google cystic hygroma and you will be bombarded with a lot of medical jargon, but even more sad stories of babies not surviving. Not what I need to see! What's almost more disturbing than that is the number of people that choose to end their pregnancies once they find out that their baby will most likely have a disability, like Down's or Turner's. I've never raised a child with a disability and I am certain it is no easy task, however, I could never choose to end their life because it might be complicated. Perhaps I am being insensitive here, but this hits at my core pro-life nerve.

Whoa...better stop myself before I get on my soap box! Yep, too late. I'm already there!!!!

5 comments:

Bri said...

I would like to tell you to not think about it/research it until you know more information....but I know if wouldn't do any good for me- and I'm also a crazy googler.

Kriss said...

Jess, what day do you go back to your doctor for the sono?? Just thinking about ya! Hope Mia is better, poor baby! -kriss

Amy said...

We're thinking about you and hoping for GREAT news at the doctor this week!

Celeste said...

Well I don't think you're on a soap box. It's just like our human nature to want to cut out whatever it is that makes our lives hard. Unfortunatley a lot of people feel that terminating a pregnancy because it'll be too hard to raise a baby with disabilities is no different. Life is life, no matter what problems it may have, so I'm so with you on that.

Anonymous said...

Googling, that it. I am information junky.

It's too bad you're not a grammar junkie! HA!

Love, Josh