CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Just ramblin'

Well, I think I may have figured out Mia's behavior issues the last several days - Granddaddy went home last weekend. He lived with us for the last 2 months, so it only makes sense that she would be acting a little out of sorts. Plus, we spent the whole weekend moving Granny and Granddaddy into their new place which made for a long, exhausting weekend. Anyway, I have spent the last couple of days trying to pay her more attention and less time trying to get my house back in order. That will happen in time. That is something I REALLY struggle with - dividing my time between housework and playing with the girls. I am pretty OCD about my house and even when I am just in the floor, playing with them, I still find myself stressing about laundry that needs to be done and bathrooms that need to be cleaned, instead of just enjoying the moment. Of course, that is immediately followed by tons and tons of guilt. They are only going to be this little once, and I need to remember to take full advantage of this time. Maybe I should put sticky notes up all over the house to remind me!!!

While I am just ramblin', I have to share some of the funny things the girls are doing. With all of Mia's misbehavior this week, there have a few more spankings this week. I have pretty much quit threatening with spankings as she knows what she is supposed to do, and not to. Well, last night, we were having a great time playing in the floor...until Mia started biting. I have no idea where it came from. Guess she thought it was funny. Anyway, I had told her "NO BITING!", but of course, she did it again. So, I preceded to give her a spanking. Her latest thing when she knows she is about to get a spanking is to try and protect her legs with her hands, but last night, she grabbed her legs and started hollerin', "My cute little legs! My cute little legs!" Of course, I burst out laughing and wasn't going to follow through with the spanking until Evan jumped on my case about being consistent. So, I reluctantly gave her a half-hearted swat. I probably needed one for not keeping my composure! I'm sure Evan would have volunteered! I know, TMI!

Of course, Mia is not the only character in our house. Olivia is really starting to show us her personality and even plays games. I know, 5 months seems young but she does this thing at diaper changes that just crack us up. She will look at me, kinda smirk and then grab my arm and slobber it, at which time she giggles like, "Ha-ha, I got it!!!!!" It is so funny because she just seems too little to play games like that, but she has done it to both of us. So cute! She also cracked me up last night while I was nursing her. She just stopped suddenly, lifted up her left hand and started moving it and her fingers, staring at it intently like it was the coolest thing she had ever seen. She did it several times and even hollered at it a few times. What a funny girl she is turning out to be.

Oh, I am so blessed to have these precious little girls. I think back to the years of wanting children so badly, I thought the tears would never stop. And now, here I am, living my dream. God is SO good!

3 comments:

Kriss said...

Glad you signed up for the blogging world!! Yay!!

Kriss said...

Glad you signed up for the blogging world. Yay!!! -kriss

Kriss said...

Whoops, I thought it wasn't taking my messages. Sorry!!!