CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

What to do???

Our anniversary is this month and while we usually just mark this occasion by a nice dinner out, this is a biggy. It's our tenth! Naturally, we want to do something a little bit bigger than dinner at Saltgrass, but we cannot decide what. Here are our dilemmas:

1) Whatever we do, we have to take Olivia with us as I am still nursing. Now, I did have a great milk supply in the freezer but recently discovered that my milk does not store well. Something about a fat enzyme causing it to break down really fast, thus spoiling. Anyway, since I have not pumped regularly in a while ('cause I thought I had a nice stash!), when I pump, I never get more than 3 ounces. Therefore, little bit has to go with us. Secretly, that is ok with me because I am not so sure I am ready to leave her anywhere...even for dinner.

2) If you take one daughter, you might as well take the other one. Maybe... We're still debating that one.

3) Since we have to take little bit, getting out of town via car is a little difficult since sweet little Livi turns into super cranky Livi when she is stuck in the car for anything longer than a trip to the grocery store. Soooo, hubby doesn't want to go too far lest we all need a stiff drink once we arrive at our destination.

4) Can't afford to fly anywhere.

5) If we do take both girls, we need to do something toddler friendly. That means no bed and breakfasts, no antique shops, no spas....you get the idea.

To be honest, I am perfectly fine celebrating our anniversary as a family. I mean, I would never dreamed I would be the proud Mama to two beautiful girls when I said my vows ten years ago. And the fact that we tried so hard and for so long to grow our family, just makes having them there all the more special.

Anyway, if anyone has a fabulous idea, please feel free to pass it along. Here are things we thought of, but one or both of us has rejected.

Camping - Too freakin' hot and all the state parks that have cabins are booked. Of course, if someone wants to give us an air conditioned camper for an anniversary gift, we would not complain!!

Padre Island - Too long of a drive

Arizona to see Evan's family and the Grand Canyon - Not really the romantic scenario I've played in my head. Plus, airfare this short of notice is too expensive.

A long weekend at the Great Wolf - If we can't think of anything else, we will most likely do this. It's close and they do have the water park which I know Mia would LOVE. Plus, hubby has promised some spa time for me while he watched the girls.

Any ideas???????????????

4 comments:

Kriss said...

Have you priced Great Wolf? I heard it's super expensive!! There is a place you might like and is family friendly, we have been there and it's beautiful. They even have a horse stable and I bet Mia would LOVE THAT!! You can go fishing and there is a steak house right on the premises. Lots of picnic tables right outside the cabins. All the cabins have their own outdoor balcony too. It' just past mineral wells.
http://www.wildcatterranch.com/

Here is another idea located within 50 minutes of Fort Worth. http://www.beaumontranch.com/

Your more than welcome to bring Mia to spend the night with us. Then just take Livi.

Amy said...

Kris has great ideas! Hope you find something fun to do!

Kriss said...

What did you finally decide?? -kriss

Jessica said...

I think we are just going to spend the weekend at the Gaylord. We'll leave Mia with my parents for Friday night and then have her join us Saturday night since I know she would enjoy the pool, indoor fireworks, etc. Besides, as crazy as she makes me at times, I don't think I could be away from her for more that one night!