CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So much going on

Whew, this past week has been crazy. Let's start with a week ago today, when Evan hurt his shoulder. Best we can tell, he did when he was playing with Mia and threw her up over his shoulder. It was pretty sore and by Wednesday afternoon, he was miserable. I told him to go to Carenow since it was so late in the day and all they were able to do was tell him that nothing was broken and to go get an MRI in 5 days if it was not better. He went on into work Thursday morning but had to come home because the pain was so bad. I decided to take him to the ER in the hopes that they would do a CT or MRI to find out if he had torn his rotator cuff. No such luck there. They did another X-ray and told us the same thing, no broken bones but he did need to see an orthopedic surgeon. The rest of Thursday was spent with him passed out on pain meds. Fun!

We got up early on the 4th to head to East Texas to see my Dad's family. I was ready to cancel our day trip, but Evan said he felt well enough to go since the day would only consist of sitting around and visiting with family. I am so glad we were able to go since it had been a year since we were out there. Mia has grown up so much and none of them had seen Livi yet. Mia had a ball playing with my cousin's daughter. They rode my Uncle's horse, played outside, chased dogs...you name it. I tell you, that girl was made for the country. She was not scared of riding the horse by herself, even if her Daddy and I were. Of course, Olivia was cute and smiley for everyone. My Uncle threatened to keep both my girls and told them they could come back anytime they wanted. Funny, I remember him telling me that when I was little. Both girls were so exhausted, they were asleep before we hit the interstate and stayed asleep for the entire 2 hour drive home. How wonderful to have a quiet car ride to actually talk to Evan. We took advantage of the quiet to FINALLY decide what to do for our anniversary. We decided that we would spend the weekend at the Gaylord. We'll leave Mia with my parents for one night, and then go get her for the 2nd night. I know the Gaylord has a lot going on this summer that I know she would enjoy. Besides, I don't think I could be away from her for more than one night. Anyway, we got home around 9:30 to discover our neighbors setting off fireworks in the street. This, of course, woke the girls up. Argh!!!

So excited to see her cousin!


Whoa, Mia!


She's a natural!!!!


Three little cowgirls!


Olivia and Uncle Doug

Saturday consisted of Evan sleeping most of the day, thanks again to Vicodin. Poor guy has really been hurting. I was determined to find a firework show because we had missed it the last two nights and Mia was really excited about them this year. We found one being put on by my MIL's HOA of all places, so we headed to her neighborhood. Crowds are so not my thing and I could think of a million other places I would rather been, but once the fireworks started and I saw Mia's and Olivia's reactions, it was worth it. They absolutely LOVED them! I knew Mia would, but we were surprised how interested Livi was.


Ready for fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


She said, "WOW!!!" after every one!!

Sunday was Olivia's baby dedication at church, which meant we had to be up and out the door earlier than usual. Fortunately, I had ironed and gotten everything ready Saturday afternoon which turned out to be a good thing since we overslept. However, we still made it on time. I was a little upset because my brother and some other families did not make the effort to come, however, we were happy to have to the family with us that we did. Livi was adorable, as usual, and did not sleep through her dedication like big 'sis did. I still can't believe how blessed I am to have two children, especially after all the years I avoided baby dedications because they were too painful. God is SO good! I'll have to upload pics later. None of ours turned out very good :( so I am hoping my friend got some better shots.

Oh, back to Evan's shoulder. He saw the surgeon yesterday afternoon and she is concerned that is might be something more severe than just a sprained shoulder so he goes today for an MRI. Hopefully we will hear within a couple of days what exactly we are dealing with. It is feeling better, so hopefully it isn't anything too severe.

0 comments: