CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

I survived!!!!


Ahhhh, the peace that is coming from my house right now is wonderful. It's not quiet, but so much nicer than it was 24 hours ago. There is no Wii in the background, no talking over the Wii, no girls fighting, no 12 year old explaining his jokes to me, no baby screaming for attention...just the washing machine going and my oldest watching Curious George. Ahhhhhh!!! Honestly, those of you that have more than 2 kids, how do you do it? I saw a friend at church this morning who has 5 and wants more and I just looked at her like, "You must have a screw loose in that pretty head of yours!" I know, they typically come to you gradually and in most situations are not over half grown when you get them. Once we were finally in bed last night, my husband mumbled to me that he was definitely fine with two kids, no more. I told him that I would still like to adopt older kids in a few years from CPS. Of course, he thinks I am insane. While it was chaotic and LOUD, it was fun. The older ones are at the age where you can joke and be sarcastic with them. And the two girls played so much together, that I felt like I actually got a break. Except to break up the occasional cat fights. Just a preview of what is to come with my girls in a couple years. Yea!!!

1 comments:

MommaJen said...

oh yeah, life is different with more kids. I have my neighbor's kids over from time to time and wow, they are energetic and loud! I too want to adopt 1 or 2 older children from CPS but not until mine are a little older - I think when my 3 y.o. is in kindergarten would be a good time. we'll see. congrats on surviving!